Tell California State Senators "NO" on SB 649 - No Small Cell Invasion Into Our Neighborhoods!
(If you live outside of CA we could still use your help- see below!)
California pending legislation SB649 would streamline placement of 5G small cell Distributed Antenna Systems (DAS) on electric and light poles in front of businesses and residences. This bill eliminates local control and jurisdiction with regard to DAS placement throughout the state of California. Read more about the bill and take action at the Scientists for Wired Tech site.
Ellen Marks of the California Brain Tumor Association says:
"PLEASE CALL YOUR LEGISLATORS NOW AND ASK THEM TO VOTE NO ON SB 649- DO NOT WAIT FOR THESE MILLIMETER MICROWAVE ANTENNAS TO BE INSTALLED OUTSIDE YOUR HOMES."
While cities and counties can presently refuse telecommunications equipment on their own property for any reason including health and environmental damage, SB 642 is a sneaky attempt by the wireless industry to change the rules of the game. The bill would strip local governments of their property rights and force them to ignore safety, aesthetic, health and other issues and approve all wireless company applications along public streets and on public properties. The California State Assn. of Counties has written a letter strongly opposing SB 649 that raises these issues.
The wireless industry has made some specious claims in support of the bill, including that "a DAS box is only the size of a pizza box" (this claim was thoroughly debunked here).
SB 649 will be heard at the Governance and Finance Committee TOMORROW, April 26th at 9:30am Rm. 112 at the Capitol in Sacramento.
Opponents of the bill will meet at Starbucks at 8:30 am on 4/26/17: 1123 12th St/L St., Sacramento, CA 95814 ($12/day early bird parking next door on 12th St. near Hyatt Regency). We will meet there and then walk over to the meeting together.
If you live outside of California we still need your help! Please make calls and use *67 before dialing so your number comes up as 'private'. We need as many people as possible making calls and showing up at the hearing!
Please write and/or call the senators and tell them to vote 'NO' to CA Bill SB 649. You can also "tweet" them, or meet with them in person.
CA Senator Phone Numbers and E-Mails:
Senator Janet Nguyen (Vice Chair): 34th Senate Dist — NW Orange County, State Capitol Rm. 3048, email via website portal, Phone: (916) 651-4034
Senator Jim Beall:15th Senate Dist — Including cities of San Jose, Campbell, Cupertino, State Capitol Rm. 2082, email via website portal Phone: (916) 651-4015
Senator Ed Hernandez: 22nd Senate Dist — San Gabriel Valley communities, State Capitol Rm. 2080, email via website portal, Phone: (916) 651-4022
Senator Robert M. Hertzberg: 18th Senate Dist — SFV State Capitol Rm. 4038, email via website, Phone: (916) 651-4018
Senator Ricardo Lara: 33rd Senate Dist — LA & LA County-various cities
State Capitol Rm. 5050, email via website portal, Phone: (916) 651-4033
Senator John M. W. Moorlach: 37th Senate Dist - Much of Orange County
State Capitol Rm. 2048, email via website portal, Phone: (916) 651-4037
Points to help you draft letters, make calls and/or give testimony at the hearing, provided are some sound bites for you to give to the Governance & Finance Committee:
- Taking away property rights will result in lowered property value
- Lowered property value will then lead to lowered property tax revenues
- US NTP $25 million dollar study proved RF emissions from cellphones causes DNA breaks, cancers of the brain and heart.
- Over 220 international scientists have sent an appeal to the WHO that RF emissions are already out of control, and this statement was made two years ago.
- Increase in health care costs due to growing health problems amongst the population
- Lowered productivity at work due to negative health impacts from the increased wireless radiation exposures
- Lloyd's of London and Swiss Re, two major insurance companies of the world, will not cover medical expenses incurred due to exposure to electromagnetic radio frequency radiation (EMR) (i.e. cellphones, wifi, cell tower, antennas, DAS, IoT devices, smart meters, etc.)
- Environmental devastation from loss of oxygen producing foliage due to damage of trees and vegetation from EMR exposures
- Environmental devastation from astronomical increases of approximately 124,416 lbs. of CO2 per city every day, or 1.6 trillion lbs. of carbon per year nationwide emissions from powering up the 5G DAS infrastructure 24/7 (and this does not include the carbon footprint created from all the other IoT network and clouds)
- Fiber optics is the best and only solution. They are energy efficient, less vulnerable to shut down due to EMP or hacking, and do not create hazardous RF emissions that cause damage to health and the environment
- Russia has denied 5G roll out in their country. Instead, they are utilizing fiber optic cables to deliver the internet to every private resident.